I’ve been working on a project for the past few months that has required me – once again – to interview one of the funniest men alive, Mr. Mel Brooks. It was a lengthy interview – it was supposed to run about 30 minutes long, but went for about 1.5 hours. I’ve pulled a few sound clips (MP3s) of interest though, which I think readers might find amusing. Enjoy!
- Mel’s thoughts on Warner Bros. changing its name to Warner Communications back in the 1970s
- Mel commending my brave sisters on living in Israel
- Mel singing the main theme from Young Frankenstein
- Mel thinks I’m smart
- Mel talking about the Spaceballs Animated Series, and Yogurt – just plain yogurt!
- Like last time, Mel yells at me for not seeing one of his favorite films – and makes a Producers joke at the same time!
- I ask Mel what the Yiddish phrase in “King of Broadway” from The Producers musical means
- Mel sings an old sketch he used to do, as well as his thoughts on showbiz
- As he was taking off the microphone (hence the noise – apologies) Mel admits he wanted to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets!