On a whim, I decided to (finally) take a stab at Liz’s mom’s pumpkin cake recipe. I have a scoring session on Monday, so it will be gone by then, and it’s super easy. I didn’t take pictures of the process (I had forgotten), but I did mess up one thing: I put two teaspoons of baking soda instead of one. Whoops. Luckily, it doesn’t really affect it all that much, unless it made the cake even more fluffy and light! Probably the most interesting part was making the cream cheese frosting. Terribly easy to do, and yet it uses up most of a box of powdered sugar (it’s a small box). It was just enough to nicely frost the cake (once it cooled). The end result was a delicious moist cake that is not unlike carrot cake in many respects. But it was my first time making it, and I was quite pleased with the results!