I developed another website based on Theme.co’s Pro WordPress theme, this time for composer/violinist Maxwell Karmazyn. Max wanted a simple and clean website with embedded audio, and a little custom code was done for the header logo, and a custom post type was built out for the projects detail pages.
Michael Giacchino (Phase 1)
Since I’ve started freelance web design back in 1998, a majority of my clients have been composers. It’s not often, however, that I get a chance to develop a website for a critically acclaimed Oscar-winning composer who is on the shortlist for nearly every major project. And so it was that I built a website for Michael Giacchino. Working fast, this site was just “Phase 1” of a larger project that will extend into the fall. The design of the …
My latest website project is a clean site for composer Steve Mazzaro, known for his work collaborating with Hans Zimmer. This is a straightforward site with a minimalist design, built in X with a custom post type for the projects. I did a bit of hand-crafted PHP work to create a custom shortcode that can be used in WordPress which will allow the client to update the Listen page easily, pulling the information from the custom post type as well …
So I finally got a chance to redesign the Kraft-Engel Management website. The original site was built back in 2012 and while the visual aesthetics were fine, the way it was implemented meant that there was a lot of manual database entry and FTPing of audio files to update the clients. I knew that there was a simpler solution, and one that would also modernize the site to allow it to be mobile-friendly. Using the X Theme (again, from the …
Composer Leo Birenberg wanted a simple one-page website, so I was up for the task! Using a basic WordPress theme (Twenty Twelve), we tossed in a jQuery poster slider, a musicplayer, some news, and a photo and bio. That was pretty much it, basing the back-end database off previous work I’ve done to allow for client updating. Update June 2015 Leo wanted to have project pages, so I restructured the posters as a “Project” WP custom type, as well as …
Created a clean and simple website for Emmy-winning composer Kevin Kliesch. I first met Kevin years ago when he was orchestrating on a film (probably for Christophe Beck) and it was a pleasure to work with him on the ThunderCats soundtrack album. With so much happening with his career charging forward as a composer, we felt he needed a website! It was built out in WordPress with a custom theme. Pretty straightforward, and easy for him to update.
One of the bigger website projects I’ve tackled lately has finally launched! Director/writer/editor/composer Kurt Kuenne is one of my oldest Los Angeles friends, and we had been talking about his website for years. Finally, last year, it started to move forward. I created the WordPress template based on the custom artwork that he had designed by Odessa Sawyer, and then the really complex work began. There are multiple Advanced Custom Field taxonomies used on the site, allowing Kurt to do …
I redesigned Jason Graves’ website, converting it over to a WordPress-driven one, and we launched it – all just in time for his new project, the Tomb Raider game reboot! Integrating the audio database was the trickiest part (as always seems to be the case with WordPress), but the whole structure of the site (especially the header and main colors) were built in a way where we can swap things out depending on what project Jason wants to promote at the time.
Ken Joseph Music
I just launched my latest website project, a redesign for composer Ken Joseph. His old site was frame based, and really needed to be updated, so I created a new template for him in WordPress, based on the fun quirky jazzy elements of his logo.
I just launched a redesigned website (based in WordPress) for composer Elia Cmiral. This marks the third time we’ve redesigned his site over the years, and this is definitely the one I’m happiest with. Monochromatic with red accents, this one feels cleaner and less cluttered than the previous design, and implementing the audio database (and ability to create audio “demo” pages) was a fun challenge.